Brown-Forman Issues 2008 Corporate Responsibility Interim Report Web Update
Brown-Forman Corporation has issued its 2008 Corporate Responsibility interim report update on the company’s corporate web site. The updated web pages can be found at:
As was committed in the company’s 2007-08 print report, the new web pages include an update of all the metrics in the first report, several new metrics, and key accomplishments from the past year. Highlights on the refreshed web pages include:
- responsibility advertising and Bluetooth video content from Brown-Forman’s Jack Daniel’s brand teams in the U.S. and Dubai,
- a third-party verified greenhouse gas inventory showing a 10% reduction in emissions for the company’s U.S. and Canadian operations between 2005 and 2007,
- greater detail on the company’s philosophy for sourcing non-GM grains,
- illustrations of employee engagement and volunteerism,
- increased transparency and goal setting for diversity and inclusion, and
- a page devoted to stakeholder feedback received on the first report as well as an invitation to continue the dialogue.
Brown-Forman has also begun developing its next full Corporate Responsibility Report, to be published this summer. The 2009-10 report will have print and web components to meet the needs of a diverse stakeholder base. The web will continue to host performance data, persistent information, and allow for the opportunity to offer increased levels of feedback on critical issues. Alcohol responsibility will be the major focus of the print report.
Brown-Forman Corporation is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Southern Comfort, Finlandia Vodka, Tequila Herradura, el Jimador Tequila, Canadian Mist, Fetzer and Bonterra wines, and Korbel California Champagnes.