Brown-Forman Spirits Brands Win Ten Medals at San Francisco World Spirits Competition
March 31, 2005, Louisville, KY — Brown-Forman is celebrating the fact that several of its brands received a total of 10 medals, including two Double Gold medals and one Gold medal, at the recent 2005 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Both Woodford Reserve and Ardbeg continued their tradition of winning recognition from the spirits industry by receiving Double Gold medals, presented to those spirits that receive a unanimous vote for the Gold Award by a particular panel of judges, while Canadian Mist won a Gold medal for Canadian Whiskies.
Brown-Forman’s Woodford Reserve, which received its second Double Gold in the Straight Bourbon category, is the fastest growing whiskey in the U.S. Ardbeg Uigeadail, distributed and marketed by Brown-Forman in the U.S., received a Double Gold medal in the Distillers’ Single Malt Scotch 11-20 Years Old Islay category. Ardbeg was named Malt Advocate’s 2004 Distillery of the Year and continues to be a favorite of Single Malt consumers.
“We’re very proud of our brands and these awards show that they are some of the best in the business,” said Erin Schlader, Vice President, Marketing Director Developing Brands.
Following are the complete results for Brown-Forman spirits in their respective category.
- Woodford Reserve — Double Gold, Straight Bourbon
- Ardbeg Uigeadail — Double Gold, Distillers’ Single Malt Scotch 11-20 Years Old Islay
- Canadian Mist — Gold, Canadian Whisky
- Tuaca Italian Liqueur — Silver, Fruit Liqueurs
- Old Forester Birthday Bourbon — Silver, Small Batch Bourbon 10 Years & Younger
- Old Forester — Bronze, Straight Bourbon
- Glenmorangie Burgundy Wood Finish — Silver, Distillers’ Single Malt Scotch 11-20 Years Old Highlands
- Don Eduardo Reposado — Silver, Reposado Tequila
- Don Eduardo Silver — Bronze, Silver/Gold (Unaged) Tequila
- Don Eduardo Añejo — Bronze, Añejo Tequila
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is the first comprehensive international spirits judging ever held in the U.S. on an annual basis and now attracts entries from nearly 600 spirits from 43 countries. To learn more about the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, visit www.sfspiritscomp.com.
Brown-Forman Corporation is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality consumer products, including Jack Daniel’s, Canadian Mist, Southern Comfort, Finlandia Vodka, Fetzer and Bolla Wines, Korbel California Champagnes, Lenox, Dansk, and Gorham tableware and giftware, and Hartmann Luggage.